Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Fuel Pump Wiring Harness

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    OK, I'm installing a Walbro 255lph pump in my 96 GSR, and the Walbro has two parallel connectors ( - - ) and the stock pump has perpendicular connectors ( - | ).

    I didn't get a new harness with the pump. (Bought from that guy in Texas). Needless to say, I am heading out to the store now.

    Did anyone else get a new harness with their pump?

    Greg Holden

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member rjaffey's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 1999
    Posts
    764
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Not me. My OE and 255lph pumps were totally plug compatible. I'll have a look at an OE pump later today and post what it looks like.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    I must be wearing my stupid hat today.

    I assumed the external connector was the one that attaches to the pump, forgetting about the in-tank wiring connection.

    Oh well. Now I have an assortment of connectors to throw into my fabrication supply box!

    The pump installed with no problems with OEM fit quality.

    Later,

    Greg Holden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •